The mandate of the Nutri-Santé committee is to promote a healthy diet for individuals and the community served by the Missisquoi North Volunteer Center (CAB).
Composition of the committee:
- The committee is composed of three to seven persons;
- Members of the committee are members in good standing of the CAB;
- The committee may add up to two non-voting members for their expertise;
- One member of the committee is a CAB director duly appointed by the Board of Directors of the CAB upon recommendation by the committee;
- The President and Secretary of the committee are elected by the members of the committee.
- The committee meets at least four times a year;
- Activities and communication within the community take place in French and\or in English according to the clientele.
- Agendas and reports of the Committee are written in French.
Front row (left to right): Thérèse Descary, President, Marie-Hélène Hvizdak, volunteer and member of le Baluchon OPP
Back row (left to right): Lucie Lessard, CAB resource person and tresurer, Ariel Betancourt, volunteer and director of the CAB, Madeleine Soucy, secretary, Angèlle Hébert (Retired)
Absent from the picture: Carmen Sherrer, volunteer and member of the parent committee of the Mansonville Elementary School
Activities, events, etc.:
The committee is proud to announce its experimental project “Surprise Basket” designed for moms living in Potton and Bolton Est with children born between April 1, 2009 and March 31, 2010. For information: 450-292-3114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- May 31, 2008: benefit supper with 107 participants (adults).
- December 19, 2008: Santa Claus distributed oranges at the Baluchon School.
- January, 2009: Workshop on fruits and vegetables at the Baluchon School.
- February 25, 2009: Workshop on fruits and vegetables. Baluchon School.
- March (since 2007): apples distribution (Granny Smith, Delicious, McIntosh, Empire) in Mansonville Elementary and the Baluchon School.
- April 17, 2009: graduation lunch collaborator at the Baluchon School.
- May 20, 2009: Workshop on fruits and vegetables at the Baluchon School.
- August 8, 2009: Information booth and participation at the Multicultural diner at the Potton Multicultural festival.
- October 28, 2009: Workshops on different types of squash and cucumber at the Mansonville Elementary School and the Baluchon School.
- December 8, 2009: Workshop by Maude Tougas on honey at the Mansonville Elementary school and the Baluchon School.